I’d originally thought that the contestants’ fabric was limited to the dimensions of a burlap bag. Laying out my pattern pieces the other night I realised that must be false, as a basic dress shape takes up the majority of the yardage, leaving little extra for the fripperies that were so popular last episode.
Thank goodness for that. Boo, however, to no muslin lining or stabiliser. I have a plan, however.
I cut out the fabric while watching Trailer Park Boys and cursed myself for what appears to be some def measurement overestimations. Even with measuring tape I insist on thinking I’m a size or two larger than I am.
And I hated the racerback thing, so there was mucho cutting happening after the first fitting (the annoyance of which was softened by the melodious strains of Danzig).
It’s dyed and drying now. It should be in the dryer, but the one that the apartments share is being used. LAME. I want to get this thing done, it’s so close to finished. There’s a limited amount I can do while the dress is all damp.
Well. I can scrub the bath again. Which, PS, I am not counting in my work time.